Monday, October 20, 2008

eBay final redesign





I redesigned eBay to make it more user friendly and less complicated/busy in design and interface, but at the same time made it more appealing visually. I personally really like the direction I took this and that's not easy for me to say because normally I hate almost everything I come up with, it takes others to convince me to like it :P
Basically everything eBay does will be made to happen on one page with windows that pop up and expand, the windows can be minimized or closed, active scroll bars appear when necessary, at any time you can bring the background up by clicking it. Certain things such as the login button are color oriented and functions like a traffic light - it's red to catch your attention, stop you and let you know you should login, then it turns yellow once you click it, and finally you click the green login button and the whole thing disappears and is replaced by a notification that you are logged in. I looked for other weaknesses in eBay's page designs and I don't feel eBay really needs other pages redesigned, the page you view items is setup pretty well, there is a wealth of info but it's all necessary, so are the "watching" and "feedback" pages, they're all pretty intuitive and simple in design now since the redesign they did a year ago or so. I feel everything else could be implemented into this new design almost flawlessly.
To eBay: this is copyrighted. I'll sue you.
Please steal my idea, thanks.

1 comment:

Asher Hunt said...

really cool concept behind this. I just feel like the landing page is a little empty.