Monday, October 13, 2008

eBay redesign


I decided to redesign eBay because quite frankly, it's a mess. I wanted to simplify their main page and make it easier to get to where you want to be without having to constantly change pages to get somewhere e.g. logging in. I have a few other ideas as well and an HTML based front page. The yellow buttons will expand giving you their functions in a windowed format, you can roll over a button to expand it via a window and keep it open until you move your cursor away from it, or you can click the button and the window will stay open until you click another button or option. At the bottom of the page is a scrolling item list that can also be manually scrolled through to see your watched items, or auctions that are about to end. This is not final, still working out some ideas, so bear with me!

4 comments:

Kelly Rose said...

I like this simplified look because I think ebay is a mess as well.

JenChen said...

Great start! I'm liking the simplified look as well. Maybe you can make the background color a bit brighter? it looks kinda gray to me.

- Jen

Asher Hunt said...

i like this. the overview is very clean. i cant wait to see what you do with the product page. - Asher

ps. check out mine if you get a chance, I posted them late, so please comment.

Joe Bautista said...

ebay is a mess.
would have liked to have seen more ideas from you.
i like the button option and window correlation, but the design with those ovals feels so 1999.

so idea works. better clean layout, but looks heavy and should their be more emphasis on buy and sell.
then secondary emphasis on the others? just questioning the hierarchy of navigation.